LATIN AMERICA PRACTICE
Lippman Jungers specializes in working with high-level partners with practices involving Latin America both in the United States and in Central and South America. As Latin American economies have grown explosively in recent years, Lippman Jungers has created a niche practice structuring deals for top-tier attorneys throughout the region. Our professionals have established law firms in Mexico City, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Caracas and Miami.
Lippman Jungers has unparalleled insight into what it takes for firms to be successful in Latin America. Using this international expertise, our recruiters discern culture and business strengths particular to each Latin American city to determine the right strategic partnership to benefit both parties involved. The ability to understand and integrate the country’s culture is a main driving force behind getting a deal done.
The Latin America practice is headed by Mark Jungers and Jeffrey Conta. Prominent office openings and placements facilitated by our recruiters include:
- Opening of Littler Mendelson’s Caracas office with Juan Carlos Varela joining from Squire Sanders (now Squire Patton Boggs)
- Opening of DLA Piper’s Caracas office in alliance with Venezuela-based law firm DLA InterJuris Abogados, S.C.
- Opening of DLA Piper’s Mexico City office with a 14-lawyer team joining from Thompson & Knight LLP, led by co-managing partners Manuel Rajunov and Carlos Valencia
- Opening of Littler Mendelson’s Bogota office uniting with local firm Godoy Córdoba Abogados
- Opening of Hogan Lovell’s São Paulo office with capital markets partner Isabel Costa Carvalho joining from Clifford Chance
- Opening of Mexico City office on behalf of DLA Piper combining forces with local firm Gallastegui y Lozano, S.C.
- Opening of Hogan Lovell’s Mexico City office with premier law firm Barrera, Siqueiros y Torres Landa (BFTL)
- Opening of DLA Piper’s Miami office with international arbitration lawyers Pedro J. Martinez-Fraga and C. Ryan Reetz joining from Squire Sanders & Dempsey (now Squire Patton Boggs)
The above placements reflect those facilitated by Mr. Jungers while at Major, Lindsey & Africa.
Sidley adds Finance Partner Cindy Lovering from Cooley in Southern California
Bruce Steinert has joined Troutman Pepper as a partner in San Francisco
McDermott Will & Emery adds Antitrust Partner Elai Katz in New York
Howard Kleinman joins McDermott Will & Emery as partner in New York
Jennifer Saulino joins Sidley Austin, in Washington D.C.